Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Need a Clone of Me

This weekend I found myself wishing there were two of me. One to get up at 4 am on Saturday morning and drive down to New York to help a suffering people who are still without power after Hurricane Sandy. And one to do the grocery shopping and the laundry and the yard work and the other responsibilities that accompany adulthood - that one would also get enough sleep and recover physically and emotionally from the strain of the week. Too bad I didn't discover how to clone myself in college (I just studied transcription of collagen genes instead).

It was warmer than usual this afternoon, so I went for a little walk after church and before it got dark. As I walked past a house with distinctive hand railings on its front steps, I thought of President Monson's talk from October General Conference called "Consider the Blessings". Why, you ask? Because I was listening to that talk the last time I saw that house and noted its railings. It caused me to think back on the blessings I have received since that walk a month ago - and how grateful I am for prayer and the knowledge that my God walks by my side.

... our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help us as we call upon Him for assistance. I believe that no concern of ours is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives. 
- President Monson

I am grateful we have a living prophet who knows what to say in General Conference so that I can be blessed with a witness of truth a month later. It's one of the reasons I love being a Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment