Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Inspiration

First things first. I have a new computer. And I'm still getting used to it... but it's cool. It will be cooler once I figure out how everything works in Windows 7.

Second. For about two weeks I have felt an unusual urgency to get things going in my garden. It's been a concept for a year, and I planted some sweet pepper seeds inside to get things going about a month ago, and now that it's really and truly Spring, it's time to till the ground and really plant stuff. Of course, now that it's Spring, I also have a million things to do, so I haven't been able to make as much time as I would like to get things into the ground.  And oh, by the way, did anyone mention that if you basically ignore your yard for a year, it's kind of a lot of work to get things functional for planting?

Last night, my mind was busy thinking about it and trying to figure out how I was going to get everything planted in time (and where) (and whether it would get enough sun) (and how would I know what worked until I tried) (and what containers could I use to plant on my back porch) (and what about the space at the end of the driveway) (and ... and ... and).  It kept me up for long enough that I was just the right combination of tired and ready to just DO something today - so I came home early from work and got going.  I worked on the yard, and then planted something in a pot and put it on my back porch.

Then tonight I sat in institute (for the last half hour, anyway... after pulling maple seedlings - 'cuz who needs 80 maple trees in their yard - and tilling soil - and planting!) and we were talking about how the Spirit whispers to us and the lifelong process of learning to recognize its promptings.  And then I thought to myself, that's what all that urgency is - a prompting of the Spirit. And now I feel OK with cancelling anything else that comes up this week so I can finish planting my garden.  Whatever it takes.  I won't regret it.  Not when it comes of inspiration.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment