Friday, December 17, 2010

New Hope

Yesterday, I wanted to throw my hands in the air, give up and move on. What I am trying to do is hard, and sometimes I wonder if it is worth the effort. As I was feeling most weighed down by my troubles, I ran into a wonderful friend, who listened and encouraged me to let the Spirit guide me. Later, I pondered my situation, and I remembered all the little promptings I have had in the last month and a half - many of which I remembered as words written here, for you (but apparently mostly for me).

Today felt easier. I made some progress. And then, this evening, I watched a video found here. And I felt something else. Something indescribable, but something like peace. A feeling that perhaps (more likely definitely) there is something bigger going on here than I perceive. And everything will work out - it will not only be OK, but it will also bring me joy. I have God on my side.

That is the essence of this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment