Friday, July 1, 2011

Simple Things

I was walking to the kitchen tonight for a glass of water when the Spirit took that quiet moment to teach me something I need to know.

I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

I am grateful for the quiet moments, and for the sometimes less-than-quiet moments leading up to them that put us into a position where we can hear the voice of the Lord speaking in our minds and inviting us to repent.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love [charity], which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment