Sunday, September 18, 2011

Letters

I love receiving letters.

On Friday, I had a jackpot mail day. Two letters from two nieces! It was wonderful. They drew me pictures, which now hang on my fridge. And they sent me lots of love in their letters. Those kinds of days make me happy I'm an aunt, happy to get the mail, and just overall happy.

I love sending letters, too.

Today, my SIL called to tell me that my other niece was really excited about the letter I sent her. She was so happy she blew me kisses halfway across the country to say thank you. It was fun to hear how a little time spent writing some thoughts and love down on paper could make someone's day!

So, when you're having a lonely day or feeling in need of some encouragement, write a letter and make someone feel special, loved, and cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment