Sunday, September 4, 2011

Service Is Awesome

This begins what will hopefully be a two (or more) part series.

Part One.

As you may have figured out by now, I spend the first Saturday of nearly every month in the temple. No matter how hard it is to get out of bed (and it has been a little tricky lately), I am always ALWAYS glad I got myself up and moving when I go to the temple. Yesterday was no exception. It was a very busy day, but I was able to help three women who were coming to the temple for the first time. Let me tell you, Heavenly Father poured out His Spirit upon those women. I love being the vehicle through which the Spirit can work. It is a life-changing and profound experience. Every time I serve, I feel how much He loves the people I am serving, and I feel how much He loves me. That happened two more times that afternoon, as I gave of myself to others.  Then I met briefly with a few teenagers who were coming to be sealed as part of an eternal family. I think it's awesome when little kids have that privilege; it is even more awesome when older kids come! These teens were just wonderful people. And they came worthy and ready to make their family an eternal family. I played an infinitesimally small part in that process, but it still had the power to change my life. Working in the temple brings such great joy into my heart!

There is good in this world. I love being a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Liz. I needed this today.... You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete