Sunday, November 13, 2011

Random Thoughts

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself. Tonight in my living room, I have a laptop plugged into one outlet, my phone plugged into another, the camera in the middle, and the iPhone hanging out on the side. But I'm not dependent on my electronics or anything.

I have a new favorite Christmas song. It's time for Christmas music again!  Yippee! I discovered it during Christmas concert practice, and liked it so much I bought it on iTunes. Come to our concert in December and listen to it!

Today I had two good friends over for lunch. We ate all the food I was going to eat for the next few days until I had time to go to the store again. Fortunately for me, I enjoyed the socializing and it will be worth having to eat emergency backup frozen dinners for a few days to have spent time with people I love. By the way, my second cousin introduced me to the awesomest emergency backup frozen dinners - Lean Cuisine makes sandwiches and pizzas that actually come out of the microwave crispy! They are much better than some frozen stuff I've eaten. But real food is even better.

Yesterday, I had my stylist cut my hair. It rocks. I had about twenty compliments in the first 24 hours. My stylist rocks, too. She's great. Now I just have to figure out how to get her to come over every few days and blow it straight for me, since she does it so much better than I do... or I guess I could learn how to do it myself. Nothing makes you feel amazing like a new haircut that everyone loves. Except maybe the people who love you even when you don't bother to do your hair at all. :-)

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. Two days off, a reason to cook for most of one of them, and chick flicks. Need I say more? Wait! Yes. I need to say cranberry-orange muffins with glaze, sweet potato casserole, and cinnamon rolls. Get excited!

And that is all. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures of this new haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you have to tell me what this song is that you like so much, so I know whether I can take credit for introducing you to it or whether I have to give credit to the other members of the music selection committee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your haircut looks fabulous! We love it! We also love you when you haven't done your hair:-)

    ReplyDelete