Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy November!

Tomorrow marks the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Good bye. I will miss the sun after 4:30 pm, but I think this year it is worth the exchange for sun in the morning when I get up for work. It's hard to wake up early to read scriptures when it's dark outside.

It was super-fun to be in the temple today with so many of my dear friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a few months (or longer), and it filled my heart with happiness, even though we were so busy that by 3pm my knees hurt from standing and moving up & down stairs so much. One of my friends told me I'm too young to have bad knees. I agree. Now I just have to convince my knees.

My work now requires me to have an iPhone. I like being able to cross-reference scriptures without having to look them up - it speeds up a topical study of a concept. It almost made up for how confusing it was to figure out how to use the calendar function the day before. It would be nice if my smart phone were not smarter than me, but there were moments this week when I wondered... :-)

I am grateful this weekend for good conversations with people I love and appreciate in my life. (And a lot of other things, too, but now it's bedtime so you have to wait to hear about the other things until later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment