Saturday, October 29, 2011

Upside

The snow looks beautiful from underneath the streetlight.

As I drive home from Stake Conference, I remember that Trader Joes is right on the way. I can finish my grocery shopping after all!

I ponder as I sit at a red light.

All week, I have been asking what I am to learn from the things that are happening right now.

Then I realize what I have learned...

The talent of asking for help is a little, but critical, blessing.
 It drives away the lonely isolation of a hidden trial.

Burdens are lighter when others are helping to lift.
Father in Heaven often inspires His children to aid each other.

He will inspire me.
But I first need peace in my heart so I can hear His voice.

It was good to be gathered tonight with the Saints of Zion. I felt the Spirit testify it is good for me to be here. All week I have been looking forward to this Stake Conference with anticipation, knowing that if revelation will come, it will come in a meeting such as this. And when it ended, my heart felt lighter and my faith strengthened.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment