Monday, April 30, 2012

Serve, Love, Hope

You thought there wouldn't be any more April posts, didn't you? Wrong! Tonight we had a great FHE lesson on President Eyring's talk from General Conference. Since I had gotten a text from a friend and fellow ward member who reported she had a cold similar to the one I had for the last two weeks, our little group accepted the challenge to serve and drove over to her place in Somerville to provide needed succor. One might think that all we did was pick up a few library books and bring by some OJ. But it was more than that. We bonded. We served. We forgot ourselves for an hour and brightened someone else's day. And in so doing, we gained perspective on our own troubles, answers to our own prayers, and felt of God's love for us and for the sister we helped. It was great fun.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I was on the receiving end of some service today and it really helped me with something I'm going through. All I needed was someone to let me talk and vent and my dear friend listened so attentively, giving advice and wisdom as was appropriate, but mostly just showed me she was there for me. It completely made my day and I am so thankful for people like her, and you who reach out to others in their times of need and serve. Love you!

    ReplyDelete