Sunday, March 4, 2012

Symphony!

I attended the BSO performance last night with one of my wonderful friends who loves the symphony as much as I do.

They played Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique; and might I add, it was fantastic! The music took me back to days of long ago, when I played that same piece as a member of the Philharmonic orchestra in college. It was like a walk down memory lane as I listened to the familiar but long-forgotten melodies. One of my thoughts was this: what might it be like to be a composer who can turn ideas into music as the great classical composers did? It's really pretty amazing, when you think about it.

Music has a powerful impact in my life. A few different nights this week, as I drove home, the words to a simple children's hymn filled my mind and reminded me of the treasured relationship I have with my God: Lead me, guide me, walk beside me... I am glad to know He walks beside me as I go through the challenging parts - and the happy parts, too! - of my life.

My next goal is to hear the BSO and TFC perform on Easter weekend: Brahm's German Requiem. That should be amazing. Who wants to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment