Monday, January 14, 2013

Life is Good

I want to share a little happiness. It might not sound like much, but to me it is a lot.

Friday night I had insomnia. I couldn't fall asleep until after 3 am, which did not bode well for a long Saturday that started at 9 am. I went to my church cleaning assignment feeling slightly fuzzy from not enough sleep, but before I went, I prayed, and asked for help with something very specific that I was troubled by. Halfway through my church cleaning assignment, I realized I was singing in my head (and a little bit out loud) and feeling very happy, and I realized that part of my happiness stemmed from an answer to my prayer. Which made me grateful.

Today was warm - almost 60 degrees - so I went out with a colleague on a "brainstorming walk" this afternoon. It was phenomenal outside, especially considering it's January in Boston. That also made me happy.

And yesterday I held a baby. Babies are amazing.

This week, I've been studying about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, preparing for a series of Family Home Evening lessons I volunteered to give. It leaves me feeling astounded at the great plan of happiness that our Father in Heaven created. Imagine - a parent who loves His children so deeply and desires so much for their progress that He gave them access to two sources of Deity to assist them on their journey! He gave us the ability to covenant with Jesus Christ, and through Him merit salvation and develop the attributes of godliness. And we have the influence and power of the Holy Ghost to guide our choices and inspire us to do right. How could it not be evident that our God is in the details of our lives and concerned with our welfare? This small realization reminds me that He is.

And that makes me happy beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment