Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Goodness

We celebrated Purim by eating hamantashen after choir practice. I love that the Jewish tradition includes a celebration of a faithful, spiritual woman who had been prepared "for such a time as this" - and her actions preserved the people of her nation.

In Sacrament meeting, we had two wonderful talks about President Eyring's talk "Where Is the Pavilion?" and felt a fantastic Spirit throughout the meeting. I watched a brother being trained in his duties as a holder of the priesthood of God at the Sacrament table, and felt grateful that the power and authority of God has been restored to the earth. We sang Onward, Christian Soldiers and A Mighty Fortress is Our God and There is Sunshine in My Soul (my favorite, especially for a grey, snowy day). The room was filled to capacity, and it was awesome. Then after the meeting, we always introduce visitors. About twenty people stood and introduced themselves as friends and classmates of one of the speakers. While her talk was beautiful and the brief conversations I've had with her during her time in Boston have been nice, this spoke volumes about her character. There were Muslims, Catholics, Christians, and others - from at least seven or eight different countries, all there because they had a friend who loved the gospel and had no fear to invite those she loved to hear her bear testimony of a God who knows and loves His children. It was amazing.

After church, I visit taught a beautiful woman who has some temporal challenges in her life right now. My companion is another beautiful woman who has serious health challenges. My heart was grateful as I drove home. I have been given the opportunity to serve these women; I have health and peace and stability in my life so I can be an instrument in the hands of God to bless those who might not have those things today.

And that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment