Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Things This Month

Um, I guess it has been a month since I posted. Oops. Here is what has been good recently:

I received a letter from darling L upon coming home at the end of a hard week and a bad day. It made me smile and reminded me that Heavenly Father loves me. So does L. I love them back.

We had a few days of spring before it snowed again.

I enjoyed a very green dinner last Sunday in celebration of some random guy named Patrick.

Easiest taco soup ever - dump 2 cans of chicken (the chunky kind you buy at CostCo), 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans (rinsed & drained), and 1/3 cup taco seasoning mix in the crock pot. Mix and turn on high and ignore for the afternoon. Run a fork through the mixture to shred the chicken before eating with chips and avocado.

The BSO program last Saturday included Saint-SaĆ«ns Symphony #3 (the Organ Symphony). It was AMAZING. The most moving piece I've ever heard. I loved every second of it. Wow.

Every time I host Family Home Evening, we do something I call "Happy Things". It requires everyone in attendance to tell one happy thing that took place in their lives since the last time we all got together. We usually do it while we're eating treats, and it gives us a chance to celebrate each others' successes and rejoice together. I love it. Some of the happy things last time from the group included a trip to London, a good week for job interviews, a successful workout that morning, amazing BBQ by an equally amazing sibling, and the advent of daylight savings time and the consequent ability to avoid the potholes on the way home. It is my way of ensuring that the activity ends on a positive note.

So there you have it. Lots of happy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment