Friday, April 12, 2013

What's New

There is an animal that eats my crocuses. Every year. I think it might be the raccoon I saw a few weeks ago as I was pulling into the driveway. Or maybe the bunny I saw last fall sitting near my flowerbeds. At any rate, I'm sad about it since I plant crocuses for the flowers, not the animals. At least I was able to enjoy the pretty yellows for a few days before they disappeared.

The other good news is that the trees are starting to bud and the world is turning green again! I bought a hyacinth plant at Trader Joe's last week and it has been making my office smell heavenly. It brings me happiness. The hyacinths in the backyard are coming up and blooming as well. Happy day.

Tonight I went to the BSO with my two friends. I was grateful for no traffic on the highway on the way there, since I left 15 minutes later than I thought I should, and ended up there on time after all. I was also grateful I remembered to put the tickets in my purse last night - they have been sitting on the dining room table for a month. Two blessings in 24 hours. Yay! Oh, and the concert was pretty amazing, too. We heard a world famous violinist, a super cool piece by a Russian composer I'd never heard before, and Pictures at an Exhibition. It was great.

Did you enjoy General Conference? I sure did! These were my two favorites:

Our daily contributions of nurturing, teaching, and caring for others may seem mundane, diminished, difficult, and demeaning at times, and yet as we remember that first line in the Young Women theme—“We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us”—it will make all the difference in our relationships and our responses. - Elaine S. Dalton

All the difference in our responses to others and in our relationships with those around us. Who wouldn't benefit from that?

When [affliction or desperation] moments come and issues surface, the resolution of which is not immediately forthcoming, hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes.  - Jeffrey R. Holland

Elder Holland already italicized the part I needed most to hear. :-) 

These were the two messages for me. It made a difference this week. I love being part of a church that has Apostles and Prophets who guide us to all truth. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment