Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baptism & FHE

Yesterday I went to my niece's baptism.  She's eight and has the most delightful giggle!  It was touching for me to see her choose to do something because she believes in it.  I love M.  I have observed in her a great desire to do what is right, and she is a deep thinker, even at her young age.  We sang songs about baptism, heard talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost, watched M get baptized, and ate treats to celebrate afterward. 

Today I helped my other niece B teach a family home evening lesson on being diligent and studying the scriptures.  We used the text of a General Conference talk as the basis for our lesson.  Teaching children is different than teaching Relief Society.  It requires more object lessons and less theory.  It also requires being very practical (as opposed to theoretical), and out of necessity, it must needs be focused so as not to lose the attention of the audience.  And yet, I learned much from today's lesson in spite of the change in style.  It was good to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment