Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Discoveries

Today I discovered that L really likes broccoli.  She's two and a half.  I think that's entertaining.  I didn't like broccoli until I was in college, if I remember correctly.  Despite her odd affinity for vegetables and Mentos, she's a cute one!  We went to the store together today.  Aside from the oddness of driving a minivan instead of a 4-passenger car on unfamiliar roads with only verbal instructions for how to get where we were going, it was a pretty fun experience.  Things take longer when you are with a little one.  It was refreshing to take my time and stop and enjoy the experience instead of just rushing in, picking up what I needed, and rushing out again.  Then again, when I'm on vacation, I have time to take to enjoy the little things.  It wasn't like I was rushing back to work.  And that was also nice.

Tonight we played DDR together.  We have to do that, you see, to work off all the pie we are eating.  So far we have made 5 pies in celebration of Thanksgiving week: apple, peach, pumpkin x2, and blueberry.  Pie is one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions.  If there are as many pies as there are people, it is a successful pie making year.  This year, we've done 5 for 3 adults and 4 kids.  That's good.  Mmm...

2 comments:

  1. Yes you definitely do all like pies. It is nice when you can slow to kids pace every once in a while.. it just is hard when you don't have time to slow down and the kids still want to :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really having fun. Madeline loves broccoli too!

    The pies sound wonderful. I LOVE PIE!

    I have been enjoying your blog too!

    ReplyDelete