Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Wine in Old Bottles...

Last week, my directionals were broken. For those of you not on the East Coast, those are your turn signals, your blinkers, whatever else you call them. I never knew I could feel so unsafe driving as a safe driver. Every time I had to change lanes or turn, it produced anxiety.

Three days and two trips to the mechanic later, I have a new blinker-turner-on-er and I feel safe on the road again (except when it's dark and misty-raining and it's hard to see anything even when you are driving a car with directionals). Only the new one makes a plastic-y clicking sound, like you hear in cars from more recent models, instead of the old metallic clicking sound like my old one.  So if I'm not looking, when I turn on my blinker, I can pretend I have a new car.  Whee.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment