Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gratitude

Do you ever have one of those days (or moments) where your heart feels something and your head knows it's totally irrational and/or illogical, but it's still real even though you don't want it to be?

I do.

At those times, I find it helpful to search out little things for which to be grateful. It refocuses my perspective and allows me to feel something that my mind and heart can both agree is genuine.

Today I am grateful that my neighbor took time out of his busy schedule to clean up our yard. I am grateful for a friend who occasionally calls just to talk, but manages to do it on a day that it will lift me, too. I am grateful I have leftovers in my fridge so I don't have to cook if I don't feel like it. And I am grateful for the brief moments of sunshine this afternoon and the spectacular sunset I witnessed on my way home this evening.

It seemed to me a perfect end to a Sabbath Day to witness the majesty of Father's creations in the vivid pinks streaming across the sky, softened in places by the clouds, and framed by varied greens, coupled with the scent of blooming flowers that reminded me of lilacs (even though we're over a month past their season's end). When I grow up, I want to be able to create like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment