Saturday, August 4, 2012

DV, Day 6

And so we continue...

Day 6 was relatively boring compared to many of the other days, but I was grateful for a chance to sleep in. We spent the day at sea. So I spent the day with books.

In the morning, I ate too much and finished reading Silas Marner. I found a cozy little place to sit in the library that had enough windows so I could look out if the ship's movement started to make my head spin. It was nice to just sit for a while. And I love the book - so bonus for me!

When I finished, I discovered they had copies of a daily crossword puzzle in the library. So I grabbed one and worked on that for a little mental stimulation.

Then I read another book (one of the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series). In the early afternoon, I found one of my friends and we went to the crew talent show. It was fun. Then I read some more. Then I ate some more.

It was foggy and cloudy all day, so I didn't take pictures of the vast ocean in every direction. But there wasn't much to see anyway.

The evening entertainment was Cirque Bijou, which was pretty amazing. I've never seen a woman do a headstand on the back of a man's neck/shoulders before. This was just one of many things - the other crazy thing she did while her partner was holding her up was bend back and grab her feet (so she was in an oval) and then he would drop her around him (so he was inside the oval) - and catch her with his knees. You kind of have to see it to believe it. I could never do any of that; I can barely touch my toes!

After the evening entertainment, we went to the chocolate buffet. This was pretty neat. See?

Chocolate Sculpture (one of many)

An even more amazing chocolate sculpture

They had about 25 different kinds of chocolate treats for people to eat, and a drooling ice dragon at the entrance:

The welcome dragon. Lit up by blue/white lights.

It was fun. But the best part about going into the buffet every single time was the Washy-washy Team. Their job was to spray hand sanitizer on the hand of every person who walked into the buffet - every time. It was always accompanied by the phrase "washy washy, happy happy!" in a cheerful singsong voice. They were the favorites (if favorites are defined by achieving the loudest cheers) when the crew came out onstage at their final performance. It was pretty awesome.

After eating too much, we walked a few laps around the deck 7 promenade to make up for it.

Other than that, I just wrote postcards. Not too eventful. I actually thought at one point, I think I'm done and ready to go back to work. Then I tried hard to squelch that thought - who wishes their vacation was shorter!?! That's silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment