Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer Adventures

Summer is nearly over. What happened? It seems like it just started. Yet, this coming Saturday it will be September. September! I can't believe it.

On Thursday my friends and I decided to go to Tanglewood the next day. The planning was a little frenzied and scattered, but it was a fun adventure. It reminded me that there are lots of things to do nearby that I haven't done yet (or enough, depending on the thing). I would like to be more deliberate about enjoying what I have around me, less wrapped up in the daily routine of my life.

They announced at church today that our meeting schedule will be changing. Instead of starting at 9 am and having the third meeting first, we will start at 12:30 and have the first meeting first. It will be nice to switch, for probably everyone but our leaders' children who now have to come to church during nap time. One more reason to continue helping by sitting on the front row and playing with / wrestling / holding sweet little ones! My favorite part about helping is when it's time for little miss's bottle, and she pauses her constant wiggling to take a little nourishment. The bottle was just at the same time as the musical number again today, and it was so sweet to see her be calm and listen intently as she ate. I love that little beauty, and her big sister, who was so funny when she drew a picture of Jonah "in a submarine" in the belly of the whale. (That must have been how he survived those three days...)

I feel grateful for moments when I can pause and remember that Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment