Saturday, August 7, 2010

And Then The Fun Stuff

I escaped from reality this weekend, and took a few days off to relax. It was my first ever "staycation" - and I loved it! I read the entire Jane Austen novel "Pride and Prejudice" (a personal favorite and wonderful read), accepted my furniture delivery (it's all here - finally!), visited with good friends, treated myself at a spa, slept enough, and relaxed more than I have relaxed in ages.  All day yesterday I was convinced it was Saturday... and all day today I've tried to remember it's not Sunday. I'm not sure what day tomorrow will seem to be - but whatever it is, it will be good!

Third time's a charm... I love my new living room, especially the chaise section of the couch. It was definitely a good choice. Dark red makes a great contrasting color with tan, and I think on the whole (and especially considering the living room has taken two years) things have come together quite nicely.  Special thanks to the awesome sales associate at JCP who spent so much time with me to figure out what would fit inside the (apparently very unusually sized) space between my outside and inside doors, and offered valuable suggestions and phenomenal service. (And no, I didn't get paid to say that.)

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment