Wednesday, September 8, 2010

God Moves in a Mysterious Way

Yesterday I had to pull a 13-hour day. Despite the holiday on Monday, it started with my alarm going off - hitting snooze - my alarm going off again - turning it off - and going back to sleep.  Twenty minutes later, there was a very obnoxious bird cawing outside my window. It woke me up again, and this time I got out of bed.

That is, I admit, the only time in my life I've prayed in gratitude for an obnoxious bird outside my window.

Lest you think I was just dreaming ('cuz let's face it - I did, for a bit), I heard the same bird again this morning, although not nearly as close by, and only in between cracks of thunder and flashes of lightning (since this morning we had a rip-roaring storm to get me up).  Perhaps the Lord knows how much I need help getting out of bed this week.

The rest of my long day yesterday was quite good, thanks for asking.  My favorite part of the first Tuesday of every month is the stark contrast between the pace of my morning work (frenetic) and the pace of my evening work (peaceful). During the day, I get to be "the boss of things" (in a manner of speaking), there is a fair amount of running around, and I usually don't have time for lunch.  In the late afternoon and evening, the temple windows reflect sunlight brilliantly, it's totally appropriate to slow down (physically and mentally), and I receive revelation. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment