Friday, September 3, 2010

Goodbye, Earl

There's a country song by that name. (It's one of my least favorites, in case you're wondering.)  But it's also what we said tonight as we watched the weather. No more hurricane watch for us - nope - we're down to tropical storm warnings here. So much for the hype. The best part about being prepared is that you don't have to do anything two days before a hurricane to get ready. Just sayin'.

I made a list earlier this week.  Things I need to do, things I want to do. OK, it was two lists. The need to do?  Clean the bathroom, dishes, hang the clean laundry, wash the dirty laundry, that kind of thing. The want to do? Write letters to my nieces (sorry ladies, I'm slow), family history, watch my TV show.  The other night I did the need to do list. (Some of it) Tonight I did the want to do list. (Some of it. OK, only the last one. But whatever.) And now it's 1 am.  Good thing Monday's a holiday. I appreciate a day of no labor to celebrate the work I do the other 364 days of the year. :-)

And the best news ever. I have a button! I must be getting good at this whole web presence thing. I am learning how to write code, too - today I got the code to do almost half of what I wanted!  Pretty good for an amateur's-attempt-with-no-IT-department-helping effort, I think.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment