Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just Like Jeremiah

I learned a little something in Sunday School today.

When Jeremiah was called to be a prophet and do hard things, he said (paraphrasing) You couldn't mean me! I'm just a child.

The Lord answered (again paraphrasing) Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'll tell you what to say.

And later, He also said (this is for real) I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar ... and they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee.

When Father wants us to do something hard, He does not just say, hey, go do that hard thing.  He also says, it will be hard, but I'm going to be with you every step of the way. Just trust me.

That is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment