Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kids.

Kids are pretty much awesome.

I called my 4-year-old niece on her birthday (I was glad I thought to call, since it was her birthday). It was great fun to hear her excited giggle at getting a birthday call from her aunt in Boston, then recite to me the list of fun toys she received from her parents and siblings for her birthday.

Tonight, I was playing with my favorite set of almost-4-year-old twins. One wanted a gogurt. The other wanted a "desert gogurt" (as in, the warm place where the cactus grows; not frozen). I laughed.  Then I tried to find the gogurts in the freezer, since that is the logical place to find them if one child is asking for a desert gogurt. They weren't there... so much for logic.

The rest of my day was centered around food. I made baked french toast, BBQ pulled pork, and taco meat (for taco salad). I am determined to eat well this coming week, since last week I subsisted on cereal, toasted cheese on (slightly stale) bread, and fast food (Panera, Chipotle, Wild Willy's). That has nothing to do with kids except that all that food would be more likely to be eaten rapidly if there were lots of them around. But there aren't.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Your four year old niece is a very cute one! I enjoyed seeing her for an hour or so this week. :)

    The end of this entry made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete