Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Bright Spot

Grey days in Boston happen fairly regularly in the winter and the spring. On these days, as I drive to work, I notice the house with the yellow front steps. It is like a bright ray of sunshine on an otherwise not sunshine-y day. Every time I see these steps out of the corner of my eye, I look over to see where the sunshine is coming from. Then I remember - it is from the yellow front steps of my favorite house on that road.

Often, I have thought about writing a little note and leaving it on the front door of the house. It would go something like this:

Dear friend,

Thank you for painting your front steps yellow! It adds such beauty to every otherwise grey and cloudy day. It is a wonderful reminder when I drive by your home that there will always be a bright spot of sunshine, even on the gloomiest of days.

The world needs more yellow front steps.

- Me

2 comments:

  1. You totally should leave them a note--it would make their day. (Who doesn't get a happy feeling inside when they receive friendly notes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to paint my front steps yellow! Sounds like such a great thing to see on a gloomy winter day.

    ReplyDelete