Saturday, March 19, 2011

Small Things

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."


My day was full of good things... a women's conference, a visit with my brother at the airport, picking up food for next week's meals, a celebratory open house. Yet, on my way home, I felt sort of "meh". As I drove down Rte 2 and looked at the giant moon, brighter and clearer than I have ever seen it, the thought ran through my head: when upon life's billows you are tempest tossed... count your many blessings.
 
Then I pulled into Trader Joe's, and was wandering around the store thinking about nothing, trying to decide what to buy, and noticing that soymilk was cheaper there than at Target (where I stocked up earlier that day), when I ran into my friend. No, not literally, but almost. She and I talked a few minutes and caught up on how things were, wandered through the checkout together, and walked out to our cars together.
 
And as I drove home, I thought to myself, this was the best thing that could have happened tonight. My heart felt lighter, I was smiling, and I was grateful for a loving Father who reminds me to count my blessings and then inspires my friends to go to Trader Joe's at random times so that my spirits can be lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment