Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Serve

For thou shalt devote all thy service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength. - Doctrine & Covenants 24:7


Yesterday I had lots of work to do. It took 11 hours - nearly 12, when you count the driving. I missed FHE (sad!) but did eat dinner and work out instead. There is something refreshing about boxing after a long day. Even Wii boxing. (All right, let's do it together.)

Today I had lots of work to do. I brought some of it home so I could eat dinner before finishing. As I was settling down to work, my friend called. She's engaged and they were stuffing announcements, and she invited me to join them. I have learned over the years that sometimes the only opportunities I have to see my engaged friends are when I offer to help them with wedding stuff. I thought to myself, I need blessings, and service brings them. This will be good. So I did most of my work and then went to help.

It was good. They appreciated my help and I appreciated the company and the conversation - and the chance to qualify for the strength I need to finish the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment