Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Forth With Joy

My house smells like the gorgeous purple Hyacinth that adorns my dining room table. It is a joy that I can smell it, and it is a joy to look at. It makes me want to plant a million fragrant flowers and then sit on my front porch and enjoy them all evening long. Oh, how I long for spring!

The smell reminds me of past springs, when I found the budding trees and blooming flowers so delightful I made the time to walk to institute just so I could smell it all coming back to life. The scents, the warmer weather, and the longer days created opportunities to slow down and really enjoyed the beauty of God's creations. I look back fondly on those memories, and will be delighted to re-live them in a few short months.

There is something marvelous about light breaking through darkness, life budding from winter-worn trees and soil, and order emerging from chaos. I love the contrast of the opposites, and ultimately, the peace it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment