Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm a Popsicle.

Today while I was out, the wind blew. And blew. And blew. It was one of those fierce winds, that whips past your face, pulls the tears from your eyes, and numbs your cheeks instantly. The kind that you have to push back against to stay standing up.  Whistling past as fast as it could go, it blew all of yesterday's warmth away, out to sea, and brought winter back with it. Occasionally it would stop, and we would breathe a sigh of relief, and the moment's reprieve would feel a great blessing. Later, it felt even more invasive, finding its way inside my coat sleeves, under my scarf, and through my hair, tugging all my body heat away with it.  At the end of our walk, I felt like a popsicle.

But sometimes, it's ok to be a popsicle, if it means a good adventure with a good friend and good food. Have you ever had a frittata?  Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment