Sunday, February 27, 2011

On Privilege

I watched a video today that left me feeling astounded at the blessings I possess - blessings I fail to even consider most days. You can watch it here, if you like.

Never before have I thought about how my faith might be different if I lived in a country on another continent. If an opportunity to see the prophet in person came only once or twice in my lifetime. If the closest temple required a passport or a visa and extensive travel.

I marvel at how faithfully the youth of the Church serve in and live the gospel - particularly those who have not been as privileged as I have been. I, who grew up an hours' drive from a temple; who went to school in a place where one could be in the presence of a prophet of God not just once, but many times; who needed no translator to understand that prophet's words (although the Spirit of God typically translates them into life-changing messages); I am both grateful for and profoundly touched by the faith and devotion of the Saints in the Ukraine temple district. They make me want to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment