Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend Lessons

Taking care of yourself improves your ability to take care of others.

It's OK not to call someone back if you are too tired to even think about how what they need might impact your own life.  (And texting back with a promise of connecting after you've slept alleviates all the guilt stemming from utter failure to respond.)

Going out to serve even when you are tired brings its own blessings in great abundance.

Sacred moments weave their ways from eyes to mind to heart, touching and changing our lives forever.

Inviting friends to dinner means fewer days in a row you have to eat the same leftovers - and the company is wonderful, too!

A "warm" (for February) day that melted some of the ice and snow to the point that I am no longer worried about slipping and falling every three feet (or about my roof getting water damaged) is, to me, an indication that when I focus on others, the Lord blesses me with answers to my own concerns.

Home teachers who care enough to care for the single women around them are blessings from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment