Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

Thus beginneth the Easter season. It is one of my favorite times of year.  This morning as we sang the closing song in Sacrament Meeting, the words resonated with me like never before:

That Easter morn, a grave that burst
Proclaimed to man that "Last and First"
Had risen again
And conquered pain.

This morn renews for us that day
When Jesus cast the bonds away,
Took living breath
And conquered death.

Thus we in gratitude recall
And give our love and pledge our all,
Shed grateful tear
And conquer fear.

It is not just the music that touched me - the haunting melody and the beautiful transformation from a minor to major key - it is the stunning reality that the Savior of mankind exercised His power over pain and death so that I could conquer fear. Fear of failure. Fear of death. Fear of not being loved (or loveable) enough. Fear of being alone. Fear of ... you name it. It's on the list.

Through the infinite power of His Atonement, I have conquered fear. And on the other side of the fear came an immeasurable happiness and joy.

The atonement and resurrection of our Lord deserve at least a week of our attention (if not more), beginning this joyous Palm Sunday through Easter Morning. May it be a spiritual feast for you as well.

1 comment:

  1. That is my favorite Easter song! I just love reading your thoughts, they really make me smile and feel happy!

    And because of you, I cleaned the under side of the rubber thing in my sink! Ew! Much better now. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete