Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wherein I Decompress

I should totally be in bed right now.  But before I go... here are the random thoughts for the day.

I saw a mouse in the basement of the building where we have church.  At least, I think it was a mouse.  I was over here, and it was over there, and there were about 20 feet between us, but it was small and grey and had a tail, and was hopping along cheerfully on the tile floor.  It disappeared when someone came running down the stairs.  I thought about all the ways I could react to seeing a mouse, and then decided that no reaction was the best one.  Certainly better than sneaking over there and kicking it across the room with my grey boot (well, it did cross my mind! but I resisted...)  So the little mouse and I have a secret.  I know he's there.  And I never want to put my purse on the floor in that building again.

Just in case you don't know: we don't have church in an LDS church building. We're temporarily housed in another building until ours is finished rebuilding after the fire.  But there is a roof now, with shingles!  Progress!

I wondered today as we talked about Isaac and Rebekah from the Old Testament what must have been going through Rebekah's mind as she agreed to journey to a place she'd never been to marry a man she'd never met, which opportunity all started because she had the presence of mind (crazy idea?) to offer to bring up water for some random guy's (read: Abraham's very faithful and faith-filled servant) 10 camels.  She must have been some woman.  I want to meet her someday.

Happy birthday to three men I know - all of whom are very good men. If you were born on March 7 you are in good company. Eat pie, cake, jelly beans, and all things yummy in celebration.

I am grateful for faithful, good, constant friends who love me.  And it's true - getting eight hugs a day does contribute greatly to your emotional well being.  If you don't believe me, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment