Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunshine In My Soul

Embrace sunshine. Soak it up. Enjoy it! We have had four days of it in a row, and every morning I consider it a miracle. I have decided that leaving the desert has only one downside: there are not 300 days of sunshine every year. Oh, and it is harder to procure tasty fresh citrus. But I think we solved that one for now.

In fact, I like it so much (sunshine, that is) that I had our FHE group sing the hymn "There is Sunshine in my Soul" last night for our opening song. If we can't have it radiating from the sky (the sun had already gone down), let's have it radiate from somewhere!  It was followed by an interesting discussion about the temple and the impact it has had on our family member's lives. And a few really tasty treats. And some good conversation. The perfect kind of FHE... everyone should do it.  Good friends (who double as family), good music, good discussion, good food.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment