Sunday, May 2, 2010

An Extra Lesson for Sunday

A few years ago, our Stake Presidency said "Get your water storage - if not a year's worth, at least 2 weeks' worth."

I thought to myself, It seems obnoxious when you move regularly, but I'll do it so I can be obedient. And I did. Then, for almost 3 years, I had 15 gallons of bottled water in my storage room, none of which I used... and some of which leaked, and then had to be replaced.  Sometimes I wondered why I bothered.  But I did it.

Yesterday, a water main broke and we no longer have potable water.  We are to boil any tap water we expect to ingest... drink bottled water... sanitize our dishwater with bleach before washing dishes... etc.  When I heard about this, I thought two things.  First, I'm glad I have water storage! and second, Yay! I have a good reason to avoid doing my laundry or the dishes tonight.  Now, it turns out, it might be longer than a day or two before the water line is fixed.  And I'm more grateful today than I was yesterday for my 15 gallons of bottled water.  There will be something do drink this week.

Follow the prophets and your inspired leaders.  There will always come a day when you will be grateful you did.

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson! Hopefully they can get it fixed soon.. though any reason to not do dishes is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete