Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Friday (er, Saturday)

I finished the day and started the evening FRIED.

It reminded me of those old commercials... (hand holding egg) This is your brain. (cracking egg in hot frying pan) This is your brain on drugs.  Only this time, this is your brain after a long week of too much to do.  Or something.  I started to wonder why we call ourselves fried when we feel this way... burnt out, short-circuiting, unable to make coherent thoughts, and then I realized duh.  It's an apt description.

So tonight I relaxed with some friends over a movie and pizza and we made kid crafts - paper plate animals. And they look totally awesome. Fish, snakes, frogs, chickens, and lions. What fun! Too bad there were no pictures taken.  Alas - you will have to imagine them yourself.

And now I had best go to bed before I am tempted to read more of Percy Jackson's adventures - which will keep me up all night and then give me weird dreams again (assuming I fall asleep reading like I almost did last night).

No comments:

Post a Comment