Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holy Rock

I like this pic. There's a wonderful child standing behind that little rock, peeking through the hole in its center.  It represents perspective.  It represents the power of small things - currents of water and consistent, repetitive effort - to accomplish great things. And it represents love. There is a God in heaven who knew that she would be delighted with this rock - so He made it.


I have been impressed the past few days with the readiness with which our Father answers our prayers, and the profound blessing of His love. In preparing to teach Relief Society on Sunday, I have been studying the life of Christ (no small topic to cover in a 40 minute lesson...). It is profound to consider that every doing and teaching of His life was motivated by one thing: love. As such, no matter what problem we face or struggle we confront, we can find an answer in studying His words and His deeds. As I have considered this truth, I find that it adds a new dimension to the scripture in which He declared, "I am the way, the truth, and the life...".

He is my rock. He gives me perspective. And it is through the small things He asks me to do that I can become great.

No comments:

Post a Comment