Thursday, July 1, 2010

Loving Home

I am home again.

I loved being away...
the visits with old friends - and learning how time changes some things, but not others...
the hugs from little ones - and the unconditional love they represent...
the sharing of talents, from writing to Rock Band to recorder...
the going to church with family - there's something about hearing an 8-year-old sing that touches my heart...
the laughter - from baby T's giggles to the joyful sound of cousins loving each other...
the post-kid-bedtime game ritual...
the visits to the frigid creek and accompanying adventures in mud...  
the pictures - from iPhone fuzzy to professional...
the birthday and the baptism - what a great experience!... 
and the mentos. 
I still think we should have dropped them in diet coke for one of our activities.  Maybe next time.

I love being home...
My vegetables are growing...
my perennial garden is beginning to bloom...
(hold your finger and thumb about 1/4 cm apart...)
I'm this close to buying a new living room set...
and I get to sleep in my own bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment