Monday, July 5, 2010

Random Thoughts

I caved. A week's forecast of 90-degree weather and no rain in sight... that'll do it to just about anyone. I finally called a friend and recruited help getting my A/C units installed again (thanks!). Now I can move from the "man it's hot" stage to the "woah, check out that electric bill!" phase of summer.  Whee!

Does anyone else use their laptop's battery life as a method for determining whether they've spent too much time on the computer in a weekend?  I just congratulated myself for going 3 days in a row without having to charge the lappy.  (And then I plugged it in, so it won't auto-hibernate while I finish writing this post.)  What a way to measure accomplishment!  Granted, one of the days was 4th of July and I wasn't even home, but whatever.

In the spirit of the holiday season... some of my fireworks pics.  We were sitting downwind...




My favorites are the ones that blow up big and then - KA-POW! - you feel the explosion as much as you hear it.

Happy day-after Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment