Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ministering Angels

I have a friend who is sick.

I have another friend who, even though she wasn't asked, voluntarily gave of her time last night to go minister to the ailing friend.

I do not know what transpired during that visit, but her choice to go reminded me of the time I was sick, and the love and minstering she offered to me at that time.  And then I remembered all the other times I observed or received of her ministering care.  And I was reminded of the following beautiful song, and the lines that made me grateful for ministering angel friends:

We’ll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

The errand of angels is given to women...
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.

Thank you to my dear friend, whose ministering saved me from worrying about my other friend.  And to my first friend, get well soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment