Thursday, December 17, 2009

14 (feels like -2)

Brrr.  The walk from the garage to pick up the trash cans nearly froze my feet and fingers.

My friend at work says you burn more calories when it's cold.  Aha!  A reason to be celebrate winter!  Of course, knowing the temperature, I am now even more motivated to make pie.  Extra calories and a 425 degree oven - two benefits for one chunk of effort.  Talk about awesome.

What's that?  Oh, it's an apple cranberry experiment.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

POST EDIT:  Yum. The combination of tart and sweet is fabulous.  And it is beautiful!  Double bonus.  Thanks be to a certain Home Teacher Emeritus for the use of the apple corer/peeler/slicer gizmo.  All the time spent chatting at your house was about the same amount of time I saved having to peel and slice apples by hand.  What could be better?  Hot apple pie, Christmas music, a warm house... life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment