Thursday, December 3, 2009

Counting

There is a wonderful hymn entitled "Count Your Blessings".  One of the verses reads: Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

Tonight, I feel inclined to count again.

1. Warm weather in December. It was over 60 degrees today, a reminder that the bitter cold hasn't started quite yet, and that an all-powerful Being can send me a warm day to say "I love you".
2. Sincere friends.
3. The Christmas season and all it represents.
4. Inspiration.
5. Sunshine.
6. Family.

More to come, I'm sure.  What blessings did you count today?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, 60's in December where you live is definitely a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm thankful for #6 too!
    (I'm also hoping (rather ineffectually, it would seem) that we'll get some #1 to be thankful for.)
    Nested parentheses are also nice.
    T.in.WI

    ReplyDelete