Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it Snow!

It is officially the Christmas season!
There is fake snow inside, and real snow outside.

Thus beginneth the time of blankets and good books,
apple cider and down comforters,
sweaters and snow boots. 

The season of the year
when I contemplate the majesty of God's creations,
every time I see
the kaleidoscope of patterns in the falling snow
as it floats down through the night,
every time I hear
my snow boots crunch
on the powder-covered earth,
and every time the light
reflecting off the drifts
chases the darkness of the night away.

And more importantly, I remember that a Baby was born
in Bethlehem, a long time ago,who lived and died and rose again:
to break the bonds of death, to redeem me from my sins,
and to grant me the opportunity for everlasting life.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment: