Friday, December 4, 2009

Small and Simple Things

As a prophet has declared,
it is by
small and simple things
that
are brought to pass.

Tonight, after much effort and labor (ok, maybe an hour, but that's a lot for this project!), all the clothing is sorted, hung or folded, and put away. Why is that a big deal, you ask?  Well.  Here we are, three weeks from the official start of winter, the warm weather having gone the way of all the earth, and I still had summer clothes in the closet.  To finally have them put away is a satisfying feeling.  (Plus, if you don't put them away, there is nothing to rediscover in the spring!)  And since the summer clothes are put in storage, the winter clothes are also accessible.  To top it off, they aren't lying on the spare room bed anymore... for the first time in, well, a while.  I knew I had a closet for something!

Oh, and did I mention I also cleaned the bathroom and did the dishes?  Three of the peskiest chores are now done.  For at least a few minutes.  Tomorrow I get to do laundry again.  But tonight, I feel very satisfied with the progress I have made in bringing order and peace into my home.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good for you Liz! That's why I usually sweep and mop the kitchen floor on Sat. night after the kids go to bed. I know that it stays clean for at least 8 hours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressed! Good job!

    ReplyDelete