Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Parking Lot Blessings

Today I woke up late.  Late = rushed.  Rushed = no time for things one normally does in the morning before work.  But some things are essential.  So, before walking into the office, I took a few minutes and read from the Book of Mormon.  It was hardly long enough to merit the word "study" as a descriptor, but it was sufficient to bring peace into my heart.  It ended with a request for the guidance of the Spirit even without the usual morning study.

I was halfway home this evening when the thought occurred to me that there was a distinct improvement in my mood between my morning and evening commutes.  And then I remembered the five minutes in the parking lot with my scriptures, and I said a silent prayer of gratitude to the Lord for answering my prayers.

Joseph Smith was right when he said the Book of Mormon is "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” (he said that here

And that, my friends,
was the lesson taught
in a parking lot
this mild winter morning.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Liz. While I read my scriptures, daily scripture reading is a challenge for me but this has motivated me to give it another go! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete