Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happily Snowed In (Sorta)

I didn't set an alarm this morning.  Church was cancelled due to parking bans and an overabundance of fluffy whiteness falling from the sky.  This Sabbath has become a much-needed day of rest instead.  No meetings, rehearsals, visits, or other duties.  Rather, it is day to stay inside, bake yummy deliciousness, study the lessons I otherwise would have had at church, and sleep.

Around noon-thirty I ventured outside with the downstairs neighbors to assess how much effort it would take to dig out the driveway.  The day before I had called my friend who owns a snow removal business and asked him to help us out; they descended upon our driveway just as we were coming outside and made short work of removing the vast quantity of snow that had drifted up behind our cars.  I confess, I much prefer supervising someone else's efforts to remove my snow than performing the manual labor myself.  It was lots easier.

In spite of the fact that I have access to my vehicle, I still prefer to consider myself "snowed in," and am happily using the excuse to stay home most of the day and bake until it smells like heaven (assuming heaven smells like homemade bread).  There is nothing that brings contentment quite like curling up under a warm blanket with a good book and yummy smells coming from the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment