Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's All About Perspective

I have figured out another way to make my chilly home feel warm.  Besides turning up the heat or turning on the oven, I mean.  Bundle up, go out, and visit someone whose home is even colder.  After a few hours there, 65 degrees is downright comfortable.  Ahh, for spring.  Only 3 more months.

Tomorrow I get to teach about principles of the gospel that help to ease our burdens.  Elder Clayton gave a wonderful talk about it here, and it is full of good gems, like these:

" ... bearing up under our own burdens can help us develop a reservoir of empathy for the problems others face."

and

"Through it all, the Savior offers us sustaining strength and support, and in His own time and way, He offers deliverance."

I also learned today that gratitude helps bring perspective, which strengthens my shoulders and enables me to bear my burdens with greater ease.  How grateful I am for a knowledge of the Savior, who said, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment