Saturday, January 30, 2010

More on Gratitude

Today I am grateful:

- that I woke up earlier than usual (and thus discovered my hot water didn't work in the kitchen while I had time to do something about it)
- that my uneducated efforts to figure out what was going on didn't cause a bigger problem (like they could have)
- that I figured out how to get the ladder I bought at Home Depot out of my car again after I got home
- that I was wise enough to realize when I was in over my head (read: not confident enough in my skills to risk climbing around in the attic alone)
- that I had already gotten a referral for a plumber from my neighbor
- that my pipes only froze, not burst
- that they thawed before the plumber had to do a bunch of expensive things to figure out what was up
- that I managed to run all my errands today in spite of it all

And that tomorrow is Sunday.  Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Might need to leave water dripping all night long. That is what we used to do when it was super cold to ensure the pipes didn't freeze.

    ReplyDelete